Sunday, October 24, 2010

Is that Toilet Girl??!!

A few days back I was reading a post about germs or should I say not washing-your-hands-after-using-the-toilet kind of germs. For some reason, it stuck to my head and I was thinking about it all weekend!! I find it hard to believe coz even our 3-year-old boy knows he should wash his hand after using the toilet–I trained them well–all 5 of them!! :D The littlest fella is starting to show interest on the toilet and hand washing–but manage to make a mess all the time! *sigh*

I was out shopping yesterday and one time I was on the queue in the lady’s room. I just realized that I always go to the left when going to the loo in Jervis shopping Center. There were 9 girls waiting there–2 of them were pregnant. I was just standing there–I was the 8th on the line BTW– when this particular blog about people not washing hands came to mind! Darn it!! I  wish I know how to add that post in here. I watched as someone came out–a girl of about 16– she paused for 3 seconds to look at the mirror, tucked her hair behind her ear then went out. Eeek!! Alright she is young but then #3 is only 3 and she knows how to wash her hands!

Then another woman–in her thirties–came out. Placed her laptop bag on the floor–eeekk!! where did she put it while doing her thing in the cubicle?? :? ? Then she went on to wash her hands–properly and not the 3-seconds-under-the-tap kind of way–good woman!! The bag on the floor was disgusting though–I would have put it on the counter at least or if it is wet between my legs or on my neck but never the floor!!

Someone came out again–an elderly lady–who did not even pause and just went out straight away. Eeek!! Dirty granny!! Bad! Bad! Bad!

2 more doors opened and another 16 or 17-year-old girl came out who went straight out and the other who is about 35 years old washed her hand properly–no disgusting bag on the floor this time.
There are 3 more people in front of me–the pregnant lady #1 came out. She just looked at the mirror then wobbled out of the toilet.  WTF!! What is wrong with these people??

When it was my turn, I did what I always do after using the toilet–which is wash my hands thoroughly–luckily there is no door going out just hallways.

That was disgusting. Then while I was looking around PC World–I saw Toilet Girl–the one who did the hair tuck thing–checking out one of the DSLR cameras. It got me thinking–Eeek unwashed hands that have been handling iffy things.

I saw her again on the escalator on Debenhams–she was going up and holding on to the rails–while I was going down. Then again in Burger King. It got me thinking how many Toilet Girls and Toilet Grannys are out there?? Think about the things on your purse–your money both bills and coins. Who handled those? But before anyone–as if someone is actually reading this hahahahha :D — starts thinking that I am a germaphobe or have OCD issues, I have to say yes I find that disgusting but I am not THAT  bothered and starts thinking about fecal and urine traces and other bodily fluids or germs lurking in my surroundings all the time. I do what I can and what others does and doesn’t do is no longer my business. There is more to life that worrying about these things.

One thing I wont tolerate though is not flushing. Apart from it being disgusting it shows lack of respect for the next user too. Here is one picture I took in one of the toilets I saw during my itchy feet years.

Happy flushing and washing everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment