Beloved has been a bit moany these past days. I understand coz he is new to his job, barely 3 months into it. His previous job was in the construction industry, now in the health sector–how far is that??
Anyway, to make him feel better, I promised I would cook him a good dinner tonight—-Chicken with white wine and rasher!
You must have:
2 part boned chicken breasts(washed&dried)
1 cup chopped leek
1 up celery sticks
1 cup carrot sticks
1/2 cup chopped rasher
1 bay leaf
4 cubes of butter
2 cups chicken broth
1 glass of white wine
a dash of olive oil
a spoonful of flour
I’m so sorry i don't normally measure my ingredients–i go by feel and if I do measure I use cups. And I am sorry I don't have pictures but I promise I will post one on my next post. I am new here and I hate reading instructions so I am still ‘feeling’ things here.
1. Fry the chicken breasts till slightly browned. Set aside.
2. Put the chopped rasher on the hot pan that was used to fry the chicken–fry the rasher till it is slightly crunchy.
3.Add the chopped leek and the butter cubes. Stir to prevent it from burning.
4. Add in bay leaf and celery sticks, followed by the carrot sticks. Keep cooking for 5 minutes—remember, medium fire!!!
5. After the vegetable sticks are wilted, add in a spoonful of flour and continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
6. Add the wine and chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, put it to slow fire and let it simmer for 45minutes to 55 minutes–or till meat is tender. Adjust seasoning and voila!! A hearty chicken with rasher and vegetable sticks!
Easy peasy lemony squeezy! It can be served with rice or mashed potato. I prefer the rice—it’s my comfort food during the cold winter days!!
I think I am stuck on my college self coz all the foods i tend to cook are easy and should I say— A Lazy Chef Cuisine!! I might consider changing my blog title! Happy eating!!
Beloved loved loved loved it. And he is asking for Lasagna tomorrow! Eeeek!! And not the jarred ones—everthing must be from scratch– the bolognese sauce and even the roux sauce!! argh!!